Saturday, May 28, 2011

Phlomax Pics and Video

M1 year is over. And I'm at home for the Memorial Day Weekend, kayaking in the Magothy River, feasting on salmon with black beans, and visiting the new R.E.I. store in Columbia, MD--finally my favorite store has come to my hometown! On Monday I'm heading back to Ann Arbor to start on my first lab rotation, in which I will be developing a dendrimer. A dendrimer, as I learned this week, is a molecular dandelion seed.
It is a collection of functional groups radiating out from a simple chemical core. Dendrimers can be used as contrast agents in MRI, for studying cellular biology like signal transduction, and for drug delivery. I'm excited to report my project is TOP SECRET, so I cannot reveal any details.

And now for the video and pictures of Phlomax's Med Student Love.








1 comment:

Mom said...

I can attest: the show was fantastic!