Friday, December 5, 2008

Back in the saddle again

Friday morning was awesome. Woke up, threw on my bike shorts, ran down to the main street and went to the first ATM I saw. "Cannot process transaction at this time." A minor hiccup. The next ATM churned out 40 crisp 20s and I was on my way. Gave the money to the guy at the shop (I was still 20 short, but will pay that today), he helped me get the bike set up to my specifications and body size on the indoor trainer, and I was off. It was the first seriously sunny day in a while, and the bay was gorgeous. I did an out-and-back on the peninsula low road. The wind was in the perfect direction so I was suffering on the way out and jamming back home. Here she is, that beaut:

In other news, I went to the Otago Tramping Club meeting on Thursday night. The club is very well organized and they have their own clubhouse with walls covered in topo maps and pictures. They run day hikes and weekend hikes every weekend, and I'm going on the hike tomorrow to Pulpit Rock.

Last night we saw High School Musical 3, which I thought was the best one yet. Smash hits included "The Boys are Back," "I Can't Choose," and "I Want it All." Seems like a long time ago when we returned to Westmont College to see Grant, Bill, and Corey passed out on the floor, stuffed to the gills with ice cream and donuts and raving about HSM 1.

1 comment:

선미 (Sunmi) said...

The bike looks amazing! :)